Interested In A Heated Garage Floor? Here’s What You Need To Know
Whether your garage is attached to your home or a separate building on your property, you likely have tried to come up with innovative ways to keep the space warm. While there are many ways to heat a garage, a heated garage floor may be the most viable option for you. Garage radiant heat is one of the most effective and efficient ways to achieve a consistent temperature in your garage, ultimately making it safer and more comfortable.
Why Should You Look Into Heating Your Garage?
There are many reasons to consider heating your garage, particularly if you live in an area that experiences seasonal weather changes and significant temperature shifts throughout the year. These are just a few of the reasons why you should look into heating options for your garage:
- Heating your garage allows you to protect any equipment or personal items that are stored in your garage. Most people use their garages for storage, regardless of whether they are attached or detached. Whether you keep your car in your garage or you store lawn equipment in there throughout the entire year, you will find that heating your garage to a comfortable and consistent temperature will protect your property and prevent mechanical issues from arising.
- When you invest in a heating solution for your garage, you are able to utilize this space in whatever way you choose. Your garage instantly becomes more than just a storage space. You can transform your garage into a workshop, a recreational center, a gaming zone or an entertainment space for you and your friends. No matter how you choose to use your garage, you will find that it’s more enjoyable to be inside your garage when it is heated to the temperature that you prefer.
- When you have the ability to control the climate in your garage, you can prevent health and safety issues from occurring. Garages tend to be dark spaces that are not insulated well, which leaves them prone to significant temperature shifts. In the summer, a garage is going to be very warm, and in the winter, the space is going to be almost as cold as it is outside. Not to mention, garages can easily collect and store moisture. These conditions are just right for mold development, which can be a health hazard for you or anyone else who spends time in your garage. By heating your garage, you ensure that the space stays dry, and the temperature remains consistent, which can inhibit mold growth.
Once you have decided to heat your garage, you are going to want to find the most cost-effective and beneficial heating solution for your space. Fortunately, there are several options to consider, including installing a heating garage floor.
Options for Heating Your Garage
When it comes to heating your garage, you have several options to consider:
- Space Heater — Space heaters are commonly used to provide temporary heat in a garage. These small appliances are portable and can easily be connected when you need them, and they will provide you with the burst of warmth that you need in that moment. However, a space heater will not be able to offer consistent heat throughout the entire space. The area immediately surrounding the space heater will be warmer, and other areas of the garage may stay much cooler. Not to mention, there are many safety risks associated with space heaters, such as the risk of being burned or the risk of starting a fire.
- Radiant Wall or Ceiling Heaters – These systems are becoming increasingly common across the USA. You know the feeling of warmth you get when standing in the sun? That is infrared heat. These systems utilize infrared waves to not only heat the space, but also the objects inside of it such as furniture.
- Added Insulation — Added insulation is another option for making your garage more comfortable. Insulation can be added to the walls of the garage or the storage space immediately above the garage. While added insulation does not give you the ability to set a temperature for your garage, it can help protect your garage from extreme shifts in temperature throughout the winter months. However, this option is not going to actively heat your garage, so it may not be the right choice for you if you are looking to create a more functional space inside your garage.
- Garage Radiant Floor Heating — Installing a garage floor heater is another option for controlling the climate inside your garage. This innovative technology allows you to heat the garage from the ground up. Not only will a heating garage floor keep the ground safe, dry and comfortable to the touch, but it also will consistently heat the entire space. It is an energy-efficient heating solution that is also safe and reliable.
While there are some very quick and low-cost options for heating your garage, some of these solutions may not provide you with the results that you need. Not to mention, some of these solutions carry the risk of injury or present a fire hazard. A garage floor heater is the best choice for you, as this is a safe and sustainable solution that will provide you with superior results.
Garage Radiant Heat: What You Need to Know
Heating garage floors with STEP HEAT radiant heat is one of the most sustainable heating solutions for your garage. Here’s what you need to know about this innovative technology:
- The radiant floor system is created using self-regulating carbon polymer heating technology that is not only thin and flexible, but also durable.
- The technology used in heated garage floors incorporates low-voltage electricity, ensuring that the system is as safe as possible. There is virtually no risk of the system overheating, and it is not a fire hazard.
- It is easy to install garage radiant heat. While there are some upfront costs to installing this system, most people find that the long-term cost-savings and the immediate increase in their ability to enjoy the space is worth the investment.
If you are trying to weigh your personal preferences and your desire for comfort with the size of your ecological footprint, then garage radiant heat is the perfect solution for you. When you make this investment in your garage, you can rest easy knowing that you are making a valuable improvement to your home that does not harm the environment. This system is created from eco-friendly materials, and it is far more efficient than other traditional heating methods, including connecting to the HVAC system or running a space heater in the garage.
There are few heating solutions for your garage that are as effective or efficient as radiant heat for your garage floors. This system can be custom-designed to meet your needs, and can easily be retrofitted to your space or installed during a garage renovation.
The Benefits of Heating Garage Floor with Radiant Heat
There are many reasons why you should choose radiant heat for your garage. These are just a few of the benefits you will enjoy once your system is installed:
- Your garage will be a cleaner, healthier space. Compared to using a space heater or connecting your existing HVAC system to your garage, radiant floor heating will not redistribute dust, dirt, dander and pollen around your garage. This is particularly valuable in a space that may be used as a workshop or a storage facility. The people who spend time in your garage will notice a decrease in their allergy symptoms, and you will find that the space is much cleaner as a result of this sustainable heating solution.
- Radiant floor heating does more than simply keep the floors warm in an otherwise cold environment. It actually heats up the entire space, allowing you and anyone who is spending time in your garage to feel more comfortable. A consistent heat is applied until the desired temperature is reached, which gives you a chance to use your garage for so much more than storage. With heated floors, you can watch the game with your friends in comfort and style, or work on the car without feeling cold, damp and uncomfortable.
- Radiant heat for your garage also allows you to maximize your space. Other heating solutions — such as space heaters — take up the surface area of your garage and force you to work around them. With this system in place, you are able to be flexible as you redesign your garage. The options are quite literally endless when you have a floor heating system in place.
- Given the fact that low-voltage electricity is used in this system and the entire heated floor is ready for alternative energy, there is no solution that is as sustainable as radiant floor heating. You can feel confident in your choice, knowing that you are making the right decision for your home and for the world around you.
Find Out More About Radiant Heat for Garage Today
At Green Wave Distribution, we specialize in heating garage floors. We use innovative, state-of-the-art technology in order to design a heated garage floor that is safe, reliable and effective. This heating solution is a valuable, long-term investment, and one that will allow you to make the most out of your garage as well as your home.
For more information about what garage radiant heat can do for you, contact us today.