- The cost of a heated bathroom floor varies based on factors such as bathroom size, flooring material, and the radiant floor heating system selected.
- The installation involves creating a customized plan, preparing the subfloor, testing the heating element, installing the flooring materials, and setting up a thermostat.
- Heated bathroom flooring offers an elegant and sustainable heating solution, using innovative technology and low-voltage electricity.
- Green Wave Distribution provides customized plans and affordable, sustainable options for heated bathroom floors.
What You Need to Know
The cost of a heated bathroom floor will vary based on various factors. Your radiant floor heating contractor should provide an itemized estimate that helps you understand the total heated bathroom floor cost in your home.
Here is a helpful guide presenting the average cost of heated bathroom floors depending on a few factors:
|FACTORS||AVERAGE COST RANGE|
|Bathroom Size||Small: $800 – $1,500|
|Medium: $1,500 – $3,000|
|Large: $3,000 – $5,000+|
|Flooring Material||Ceramic Tile: $2 – $20 per sq.ft.|
|Wood: $6 – $12 per sq.ft.|
|Composite: $5 – $15 per sq.ft.|
|Radiant Heating System||Electric Cable: $8 – $12 per sq.ft.|
|Radiant Heat Mat: $7.9 – $15 per sq.ft.|
|Radiant Panels: $15 – $25 per sq.ft.|
Here is a more detailed explanation of the different factors that may impact the cost of your heated floor in the bathroom:
The Size Of Your Bathroom
The square footage of your bathroom will play a significant role in the total cost of your bathroom floor heater. Naturally, a smaller room will cost less to outfit with heated bathroom floors than a larger, more spacious bathroom.
The Flooring Material You Choose
The type of flooring you choose will also impact the total cost of your project. Ceramic tile flooring and wood flooring may be more expensive than composite flooring. You will want to discuss your flooring materials with your contractor to determine what flooring will best suit your budget.
The Radiant Floor Heating System You Select
Each radiant floor heating system will have different options. One of the most affordable and valuable radiant floor heating options is the flooring system offered by Green Wave Distribution, which includes an innovative self-regulating carbon polymer heating technology that is both flexible and durable.
Given that the costs can vary significantly due to the size of the area and the type of materials you are using for your home improvement project, it’s important to work closely with a contractor to get the most accurate estimate of the heated bathroom floor cost.
Installing Heated Floors For Your Bathroom
It’s easier than you think to install heated bathroom floor systems. While the best time to install a heated bathroom floor is when doing a renovation project, it is possible to retrofit the radiant floor heating if necessary.
How the installation process will look:
1. Preparing The Subfloor:
The installation team will prepare the subfloor. The existing flooring must be removed, and the subfloor must be spotless. All debris, including nails and staples, must be removed from the subfloor before the heated bathroom floors can be installed.
2. Testing the Heating Element:
The heating element will be tested to make sure that it is in good working order before it is installed.
3. Professional Installation:
A qualified team of professionals familiar with the technology will install the bathroom heated flooring. Installers will work as quickly as possible, and they will take great care to ensure that no issues arise during the installation process.
4. Installing the Floor Sensor:
A floor sensor will be installed so that you can control your heated floor in the bathroom with your thermostat.
5. Post-Installation Testing:
The heating element will once again be tested to ensure it is working correctly in the aftermath of the installation.
6. Installing the Floor Materials:
The floor materials will be installed on top of the radiant floor heating.
7. Thermostat Installation:
Why Heated Bathroom Flooring is a Sustainable Solution
Once your heated floors in the bathroom have been installed, you will begin enjoying a luxurious lifestyle, the likes of which you have never known before. You will feel a sense of relaxation as you touch your toes to the comforting tiles below when you step out of the shower in the early morning hours before you head into the office. Not only will you feel good physically as you enjoy your heated bathroom floors, but you will also enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have opted for a sustainable heating solution.
Your bathroom floor heater relies on electricity to heat the tiles and the room, making it one of the most sustainable heating solutions for your home. Here is what you need to know about the sustainability of heated bathroom flooring:
- Heated bathroom floors use innovative technology in order to deliver electrical heat to your flooring. At Green Wave Distribution, our radiant flooring uses automated carbon polymer heating technology. It is the most efficient technology available for heated floors, and since it is powered by low-voltage electricity, it is also the safest option for your bathroom.
- Since heated bathroom floors do not rely on traditional heating appliances, such as a furnace, you will improve the air quality in your bathroom. There is no dust, dirt or dander being recirculated throughout your bathroom.
- At Green Wave Distribution, all of our radiant floor heating systems are created with recycled materials that are landfill biodegradable. We also pride ourselves on our zero-waste manufacturing process.
Given that a heated bathroom floor is a very eco-friendly upgrade for your home, you can opt for this luxurious amenity without worrying that you are choosing your comfort over the protection of the world around you.
Choosing the Best Materials for Your Heated Floors in Bathroom
Once you know that you want to invest in heated bathroom floors, you will want to begin thinking about the type of flooring you will install in your bathroom. The flooring that you choose will impact your heated tile floor cost, so it’s important to consider your budget as well as your sense of style.
Here are some tips to consider as you choose your flooring materials:
- Work with your contractor to choose a flooring material that will maximize the efficiency of your radiant flooring. For example, wood flooring is an excellent option because it heats quickly and retains heat for extended periods. However, you may find that tile flooring is the best option for your bathroom because it is easier to maintain in an area that may get wet.
- Ask your contractor about waterproofing your radiant floor heating system. Depending on the system you choose, you may need to invest in additional features to protect it in an area where it may come into contact with water.
- Finally, select the flooring colour and style that best complements your bathroom’s new look. You don’t have to compromise style — your heated bathroom floor will work with nearly any flooring type.
Take the Next Step Toward a Heated Bathroom Floor
At Green Wave Distribution, we are considered the radiant floor heating experts. We can create a customized plan for heated bathroom floors in your home and outline your approximate heated tile floor cost. Our innovative radiant floor heating solutions are designed to be both affordable and sustainable, allowing you to add a touch of luxury to your home without guilt.
Contact Green Wave Distribution today for more information about your bathroom heated flooring options.