As homeowners make the most out of their living space, the basement transforms from a cold, damp and dusty storage space into a functional room that adds value to the home.
The fact remains that the basement can still be chilly, and it’s notoriously difficult to heat. Fortunately, you have options — and you might be surprised it’s easier to heat a basement than you might think.
Here are some quick notes you should consider when heating a basement:
- Radiant flooring is the best way to heat a basement as it distributes heat directly to the room through the floor, making it practical and efficient.
- There’s little-to-no maintenance over the long term, making radiant flooring a reliable and cost-effective heating option.
- Radiant floor heating is compatible with various flooring materials, including tile, wood, carpet, and composite flooring.
- The installation process is quick and easy, allowing you to transform your basement into a comfortable living space.
Radiant Heat For Heated Basement Floors
Radiant flooring is a heating solution that can be used as an alternative to traditional heating systems, such as a forced air system.
While a forced air system distributes warm air throughout the home utilizing a series of ducts, radiant flooring distributes heat directly to the room through the floor.
Why Should You Choose Underfloor Basement Heating?
Radiant heat mats are considered one of the best ways to heat a basement. These are the top reasons why you should invest in our innovative and sustainable heating technology for your basement:
Your radiant heat solution is installed below your flooring materials, allowing you to make the most out of your space in the basement.
Supplemental heating technology, such as a space heater or a radiator, will take up valuable space in your basement and dictate how you use the room.
With radiant floor heating, you maximize your flexibility.
No Long Term Maintenance
Radiant heating is an efficient and affordable way to heat a basement. With forced air, you are often paying to distribute warm air to a room with plenty of air leaks, ultimately sending your money out the window.
Radiant heat solutions cost less to operate, and your energy stays inside the room.
Our underfloor heating technology relies on self-regulating carbon polymer heating coils in order to distribute heat to the room.
These elements are thin, flexible, and require little-to-no maintenance over the long term, and they are installed just underneath the flooring materials.
Reliable Heating Solution
With underfloor heating, you can rest easy knowing that your basement will always be heated to your desired temperature.
It is one of the few ways to consistently heat your basement to your preferred temperature
Effective and Sustainable
This technology does more than make the floors warm to the touch — it can serve as a primary or supplemental heat source in the basement.
It’s one of the most effective ways to heat a basement to your desired temperature and maintain it throughout the day.
It is the best basement heating solution because it is effective, efficient, and sustainable.
The Best Materials When Heating Basements with Radiant Flooring
Fortunately, radiant floor heating solutions are compatible with various flooring materials. These are the best floor materials to choose from when heating the basement:
Natural wood flooring can be used with our radiant floor heating systems, and wood floors are becoming increasingly popular in basements. It’s important to consider the type of wood that you use, though, as some wood can expand or warp when exposed to heat.
Composite flooring is an affordable and versatile material compatible with our radiant heat solutions.
Installing Radiant Heating for Basements
Another reason that many people consider radiant flooring to be the best way to heat the basement floor is that:
The Installation Process Is Quick And Easy
- Professional contractors can install a radiant floor system in hours, allowing you to transform your basement into the comfortable space you always wanted.
- Typically, your underfloor heating system will be installed when you finish or renovate your basement.
- However, there are circumstances in which our systems can be retrofitted to your existing floors by installing them between the floor joists.
Enhance Your Results with These Tips for Heating the Basement
To maximize the efficiency of your radiant floor basement heating system, you can also take these extra steps in your basement:
- Keep the doors closed to your basement to trap the heat in the space.
- Seal any exterior windows that are located in your basement.
- If you are finishing your basement and adding drywall, invest in insulation. This will help keep the heat that you generate inside your basement.
Make radiant sound the most attractive – but also talk about more methods for heating.